District 5 Report
1. Anadarko- Sent letter of intent to negotiate to City. Possible grievance pending on a member being evaluated every 30 days, no such language exist in CBA or SOP’s.
2. Altus- Finishing up negotiations, one year deal no raises but an additional step for all positions. Changes to physical training language. City also approved funding for an additional station and 9 more personnel.
3. Chickasha- Received decision on shift exchange, arbitrator sustained the grievance so the Union prevailed. Fire Pac up and running, made first contribution to the PFFO Pac and working with the IAFF to set up exchange program.
4. Duncan- Finished up negotiations, one year deal no raises. Language changes on approved footwear, increased union leave hours, language put in contract allowing firefighters on shift to dine out. City Manager retired and City Attorney acting as the interim City Manager, previously firefighters were not allowed to participate in Fill the Boot however the interim City Manager is allowing the on duty firefighters to collect for MDA. Received decision on grievance concerning the elimination of the Assistant Chiefs position. Arbitrator basically split the baby, said City has the right to reorganize however does not have the right to eliminate positions and must continue to pay step up pay.
5. Lawton- Arbitrator selected for termination grievance, waiting on dates.
6. Newcastle- Currently in negotiations, looking into some issues concerning the City not properly paying FLSA to the firefighters.
7. Mustang- Nothing New
8. Frederick- Nothing New
Crossover work in other Districts and/or other PFFO business: