District 5 Report
1.Anadarko – Currently in negotiations
2.Altus – Three grievances have been filed, interim City Manager has granted the Unions resolves
3.Chickasha – Pending arbitration on two discipline issues due to members not attending training on their days off, put on hold for now depending on if we can get a settlement done during negotiations. Negotiations at a stalemate, if no movement made in next meeting local will invoke the process. Two more grievances in the works, regarding change in working conditions.
4. Duncan – Local filed grievance on health insurance changes, local has already won two of these grievances in the past.
5. Fredrick – Negotiations on going
6.Lawton – Members received an unexpected $2,600 stipend due to higher than expected dedicated sales tax returns.
- Mustang – Currently in negotiations
- Newcastle – Nothing new to report
- Tuttle – Nothing new to report
Crossover work in other district: Arbitration held in Claremore on June 3rd, City implemented new mentoring program and did not negotiate the changes and effects of changes on members. Hearing seemed to go well, received transcript and briefs will be due July 25th. Also have arbitrations scheduled for August 3, August 30th, and October 5th.