District 5 Report
1.Anadarko – Local President took Assistant Chief’s job and the Local will be electing a new President in the next couple of weeks.
2.Altus – Issue on overtime list, also members have had to move out of their main station due to mold and local is trying to resolve some issues with the Chief trying to move them back into the station prematurely
3.Chickasha – Several grievances pending, have one arbitration scheduled for September 30th….member was disciplined for showing up late to training while off duty. CBA negotiations on-going
4. Duncan – Local filed grievance on health insurance changes, local has already won two of these grievances in the past. City recently granted the grievance
5. Fredrick – Negotiations on going
6.Lawton – Fire Chief reassigned two members to different stations, members were brothers and had been working together at the same station on the same shift. Fire Chief cited nepotism clause in city charter, Local has filed a grievance.
- Mustang – Currently in negotiations
- Newcastle – Nothing new to report
- Tuttle – Nothing new to report
Crossover work in other district: Still waiting on award in Claremore on grievance filed on new work assignments for members related to a mentoring program. I will be doing an interest case in Seminole with Lance.