PFFO District 3
April 2017 Report
1. Bartlesville – Negotiations for 2017-2018 CBA are underway. Grievance regarding selection of Honor Guard members by Fire Chief has been settled.
2. Blackwell – Negotiations have begun. Working with Local and City on mutual agreement for firefighter with PTSD to return to work.
3. Chandler – Negotiations are near conclusion for 2017-2018 CBA. Local is seeking monetary donations for firefighter who suffered a career ending injury while off-duty.
4. Collinsville – Two grievances have been filed regarding the changing of health and dental benefits during the Contract period without negotiating with the Local. City has not responded to said grievances within the established timeline.
5. Cushing – Negotiations for 2017-2018 CBA are near conclusion.
6. Muskogee – Local is conducting a GIS study through the IAFF due to the City not wanting to hire firefighters. Advised them to conduct a Municipal Financial Analysis also. Awaiting ruling on Arbitration regarding a TIF District.
7. Newkirk – Nothing new to report within the Local, but two City Council seats are now held by active duty Ponca City firefighters.
8. Northwest – Negotiations have begun but have been put on hold due to the members being moved out of their stations and into temporary work trailers because of mold removal in their stations.
9. Perry – Letter of intent was not submitted within the allotted timeframe. City is refusing to negotiate wages.
10. Pryor – Negotiations have gone well and are near conclusion for 2017-2018 CBA.
11. Stillwater – Negotiations are near conclusion for 2017-2018 CBA.
12. Tahlequah – Starting negotiations for 2017-2018 CBA with new City Manager.
13. Vinita – Starting negotiations for 2017-2018 CBA.
All other Locals were either unable to be contacted or have nothing new to report.