District 5 Report
1. Anadarko- Nothing New
2. Altus- Currently in negotiations for 2010-2011.
3. Chickasha- Put on grievance arbitration case with help from Rick, briefs will be due around the end of April. Currently in negotiations with City for 2010-2011 more than likely will “roll the contract” for a year. Investigation by Dept. of Labor underway for the City not compensating members while they attend mandatory training and also possibly not figuring OT correctly. Will be holding a dinner along with our April Union meeting with invitations to Sandy, Chalk, Jim from Altus, and Raanon from Lawton to try and jump start our Fire Pac.
4. Duncan- Grievance arbitration case on elimination of Assistant Chief Positions scheduled for April 29th. Had 2 disciplinary hearings last month, one was settled prior to hearing(member facing termination but settlement reached for one shift off w/o pay), other hearing was on accusation of racial slurs(chief recommended 3 days off w/o pay, board reduced it to 1 day off w/o pay. Reached agreement on Contract terms for 2009-2010 finally, also started negotiations for 2010-2011.
5. Lawton- Began negotiations, several grievances pending.
6. Newcastle- Beginning negotiations for 2010-2011
7. Mustang- Nothing New
8. Frederick- Will begin negotiations for 2010-2011 soon
Crossover work in other Districts and/or other PFFO business:
EMS meeting for March was cancelled, nothing new to discuss.
EMS day was held at the Capitol on the 10th, unfortunately I was unable to attend due to the grievance arbitration hearing in Chickasha that day. From what I heard Lindsey did a great job organizing and setting everything up and there were members from several locals there. I certainly appreciate the work that Lindsey put in and the effort made by the members to attend.