PFFO District 3
June 2017 Report
1. Bartlesville – Negotiations are ongoing. Conducted an MFA through the IAFF and a comprehensive audit through Bob Newbrough. Submitted a request to the IAFF for a wage survey. Having an issue with a Captain and Firefighter assigned to the same company who are in a personal relationship and the City is wanting to separate them. In discussions with the City over this issue.
2. Bristow – Currently in negotiations with the major issue being that the Local has proposed to change from a 28 day pay period regarding overtime to a 14 day pay period. Margaret Love is representing the City in negotiations. Extension letter on the contract has been submitted and waiting for approval from the City Council.
3. Collinsville – Met with the City Manager and City Attorney on behalf of the Local regarding a grievance that was filed over changes made to health and dental benefits. We were able to reach possible a resolution on this grievance. The Local is to meet and decide on what action to take.
4. Northwest – A hearing for the lawsuit against the City and the Local was scheduled for June 19th but was redirected to Federal Court. Steve Hickman has been retained by the Local and filed a motion to dismiss.
5. Okmulgee – Attended negotiations with the Local. The local was able to reach an agreement with the City which included a 3% wage increase.
6. Ponca City – Currently in negotiations and the Local is conducting a wage survey.
7. Pryor – An agreement has been reached in negotiations between the Local and the Mayor. Proposed Contract is to be presented to the City Council on June 20th for approval.
8. Skiatook – Requested a wage survey through the IAFF. Waiting for the results.
9. Tonkawa – Met with the Local regarding the issues they are having with the City in negotiations. Have requested a wage survey through the IAFF and are waiting on the results.
10. Vinita – Currently in negotiations. Have had phone conversations with the Local and will meet with them soon to assist them in negotiations. Matthew Love has represented the City in past negotiations.
All other Locals either have nothing new to report or were unable to be contacted.