District 5 Report
- Anadarko – Nothing new to report
- Altus –
- Chickasha – Agreed to CBA, Union has ratified and Council is set to ratify on Monday, members will get step raises and 2% across the board raise January 1st, 2016. Some minor language changes that City wanted however all severe changes were dropped by City and no increase in health insurance.
- Duncan – Set November 23rd as first date of negotiations
- Fredrick – Nothing new to report
- Lawton – Have agreed to new CBA, Union is holding ratification vote this week and City will vote later this month. Two year deal, with members forgoing step raises this year however all employees will receive $2,500 sometime in May of 2016 and second year will also receive that same $2,500 as well as their step raises. City (specifically the Fire Chief and Deputy Chief) had originally proposed changes to CBA that would have gutted the contract, seems to be out of spite, City officials eventually caught on to their scheme and dropped all of the proposed cuts. There were some changes to language here and there but for the most part nothing major, employees will see increase in health insurance premiums and cost but the Union was on board with it.
- Mustang – Nothing new to report on
- Newcastle – Nothing new to report
- Tuttle – Negotiations on going, City is pressing to utilize retired judges for grievance procedure
Crossover work in other district:
Put on arbitration case in Claremore, case went well and we were done by noon. Arbitrator asked for very short briefs and those will be submitted tomorrow the 12th by 5pm.